Skip to main content

Sweet birthday wishes Part 2

If you've seen my previous post, you know that today we are going to celebrate my niece/goddaughter 12th birthday

I wanted to make her a special additional gift, all handmade. She likes to craft herself, stamp and color, but also draw. So I made this little notebook picturing herself with her 3 cats on the cover (she loves cats, just like me). I thought I would also go with the flow of strawberry craziness we are currently observing, because on top of bringing nice pop colors, it happens to be a regular feature on her birthdays: her father bakes the most amazing decoration strawberry cakes for each of her birthdays


Inside the booklet, there is a thick notepad on the right, with nothing on it (plain white paper), so she can draw on these sheets. I pre-cut the sheets at the top with my We R Memory Keepers dial trimmer, which has a dotted line cutter. I then glued all sheets together along that top edge and created a specific cover to hold the notepad together. On the left, I've created a large panel with large cuts to use as pockets, so she can slide in notes or drawings later on. The pockets are filled with goodies: a strawberry jar shaker, some cat stickers and strawberry die cuts, ready to assemble

I also laminated the covers to make them more sturdy, so they resist over time. I really like doing that. It really finishes the product well, but also makes the colors even more vibrant


 

 

#thegreetingfarm Thank mew, Meowy christmas, Hugs and hisses and Sweet Anya #clearlybesotted Sweet berries #lawnfawn Berry special, How You Bean? +Strawberries Add-On, Outside In Stitched Strawberries Die and Stitched Strawberry Frame Die  #sugarpeadesigns Noted


 #tsukineko Memento ink #copic #sakura Gelly roll pen #fellowes Laminating pouches #honeybeestamps Strawberry daiquiri sequin mix

#card #cardmaking #handmadecards #diycards #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #diecutting #birthday #birthdaycard #shakercard #interactivecard



Comments