Skip to main content

Merry & Bright

Today's post is another attempt to try more die-cutting. While I can't figure out if I like the result or not, it was fun to do something different... I think I got carried away and forgot that often times less is better. What do you think?

The starting point was the beautiful Merry & Bright hot foil plate from @pinkfreshstudios and their Festive leaves stencil set. For the woodgrain effect, I actually foiled a background plate first and then used the negative foil, or leftover if you will, with the Merry & Bright plate. This was fun to do so I did a few more tries with snowflakes and plaid patterns but ended up using only the Woodgrain one, because of legibility. Originally, I also intended to double hot foil to get two colors of foil (e.g. add a golden accent on the woodgrain instead of having it white) but I couldn't figure an easy way to do it while keeping a white border and whitout involving any fussy-cutting.

Then, because I litterally run away from white space, I thought I would add more greenery; in addition to the Festive leaves, and used the beautiful Winter greenery again, from @honeybeestamps. And finally, because I still needed a little something more, I thought cute critters and characters would add a fun touch to these cards... which I have to say I'm really happy about since I managed to use a few new stamp sets before the season ends!!

 

Why 4 cards? Don't ask me. Like I said, I got carried away in all steps. But part of it is once the foil machine was warm, I thought I would do a bunch in different colors. Part of it is also an interest in exploring different card styles with the same card idea, and I think it worked to some extent. Some look very classic and others a bit less usual... or maybe that's just me trying to find something positive. Ha ha ha!

I'm also entering these for the @simonsayschallenge Diecember challenge #sssigchallenge


#pinkfreshstudios Merry & Bright and Festive berries #honeybeestamps Lovely layers: Pinecone and Winter greenery #lawnfawn Woodgrain backgound hot foil plate #mamaelephant Busy elves and Secret Santa #sunnystudiostamps Penguin party and Reindeer games #mftstamps This hug's for you

#tsukineko Memento inks #distressoxide Shabby shutters, Cracked pistachio, Twisted citron, Rustic wilderness, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked raspberry, Festive berries, Lumberjack plaid, Vintage photo, Ground espresso, Scattered straw, Fossilized amber, Pumice stone, Iced spruce, Tumbled glass and Uncharted mariner #copic #sakura Gelly roll pen #3DFoam #spellbinders Shimmer foil Matte Silver, Matte Gold, Crimson star and Copper

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #christmas #christmascard #diecutting

Comments