Skip to main content

Top 9

Time to look back at 2022 and share a few statistics!

If you think this post is a little bit too much, know that I'm a Data Analyst for a living, so numbers are kind of my thing and I just can't ignore them, even if they don't actually reflect on the quality of the posts. But numbers always provide some learnings... I also need to know that my posts are of some interest to people, because then, why bother spending so much time preparing these posts? The other reason is because I'm still having a hard time realizing things. When I started this feed at the end of 2020, I didn't think I would get more than a 100 followers and that people would like my cards. What's happening is big for me and this is just my way of sharing that your feedbacks matter to me and are what motivates me to keep going and share more on this feed!

Statistics aside, I am so grateful for the amazing crafty friends met on IG, the love received and smiles shared. Thank you all for your amazing support and kind words

As you'll see I separated the Top 9 likes for reels because they are somewhat artificial, being the result of the algorithm making these posts more visible. However, numbers are compelling and reels had a positive impact on my feed... so I wanted to share that as well.
It really sucks that IG values reels over pictures, but the fact is that accounts with reels do overshadow those without, and this is the reason why I started making them. And the truth is that it worked: 50% of my new followers joined during the last quarter, after I started posting reels and increasing views! And likes started to increase again.

But reels brought me so much more. The feedbacks have been amazing and I see it inspires some if you, which is both insane and awesome. I also have to admit I'm actually enjoying making them. And if you think reels are too much work, my reels are the living proof that you don't have to create fancy videos that require a lot of editing to gain more visibility. I think reels are actually a great compromise vs. YT

Comments