Skip to main content

Rainbows and butterflies

Today, I'm sharing this duo of cards full of @pinkandmain rainbows and butterflies.
For these projects, I had the privilege to test the Dauber wand from @themakersession. It is super handy for precision stenciling. Watch my reel on Instagram for more!


To create the cute unicorn card, I started by stenciling the background with the Clouday day stencil and Distress inks Kitsch flamingo, Squeezed lemonade and Salvaged patina. To create the transition between each color, I blended two colors, i.e., Kitsch flamingo and Squeeze lemonade on the cloud edge between the two colors, and Squeezed lemonade and Salvaged patina on the edge between those two colors.

I then blended the butterflies with the same colors, using the Radiating butterflies stencil, making sure to blend two colors for some of the butterflies, to add more interest. To contrast with the Salvaged patina butterflies, I also used Distress ink Salty ocean.

 

I then stamped the sentiment directly on the background and the cute unicorn on a piece of white cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers, blending the same colors as for the background.

I then die cut tiny butterflies from gold cardstock and from the Colorful ink spots paper pad, using the Heart a flutter die set, using the gorgeous butterflies heart.
I pinched the butterflies wings to fold the butterflies in the center and give them a bit of dimension and adhered that central piece to the background panel. As you can see, I matched the pattern paper with the stenciled butterflies.

Finally, I die cut the cute unicorn with the coordinating die and adhered it with foam tape.

 



For the second card, I created a similar background with the same stencil and inks.
I die cut the Layered butterflies from that same Colorful ink spots paper and watercolored the top layers with gold. I also die cut additional tiny butterflies from that same paper and gold cardstock, also using the Heart a flutter die set.

I then stamped the sentiment on the background and cute images from the Butterfly friends on white cardstock and colored the images with Copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and then adhered them on the background with liquid adhesive.

 

I folded the wings of the butterflies to give them dimension. I adhered the top layers on the base butterflies and then adhered the butterflies on the background, adding glue just on the body of the butterflies and the beginning of their wings, but not the edges, so they would keep that dimension. I then adhered the tiny butterflies


#pinkandmain Butterfly friends stamp and die sets, Rainy day stamp and die sets, Colorful ink spots 6x6 paper pad, Layered butterflies dies, Cloudy day stencil, Heart a flutter dies and Radiating butterflies stencil

#tsukineko Memento ink #ranger #distressink Kitsch flamingo, Squeezed lemonade, Salvaged patina and Salty ocean #kuretake Starry watercolor

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #diecutting #slimlinecard

Comments