Skip to main content

Mice, Mice, Baby

I'm on the @pinkandmain blog later today with a couple cards featuring the Mice Cream stamp set which I combine with the Ice cream truck dies and Ice cream dies.


Products:
Mice cream stamp and die set, Ice cream dies, Ice cream truck dies, Sweet suprise stamp set, Cloudy day stencil, Plaid cover die, Fun shapes border dies and Let's celebrate stamp set

Distress oxides: Squeezed lemonade, Mustard seed, Abandoned coral, Carved pumpkin, Festive berries, Lumberjack plaid, Tattered rose, Worn lipstick, Scattered straw, Vintage photo, Gathered twigs, Ground espresso, Picked raspberry, Mowed lawn, Black soot, Pumice stone, Weathered wood

To create the smaller card, I cut an A2 panel and cut out the bottom part, using the Fun shape border dies, first the straight border and just below the scallopped border.

I ink blended Distress oxide Tattered rose on the panel.

I then created a stencil from cardstock with the Plaid cover die and placed it on the front panel, aligning the stencil on the left edge. I ink blended Worn lipstick.

I then glued the second border just below the front panel and adhered the panel to the cardbase. I stamped the sentiment from the Sweet surprise set, along the left scalloped edge.

I then die cut the cone ice cream from white cardstock, using the Ice cream dies, and colored them with Distress oxides Scattered straw and Tea-dye for the waffle, Scattered straw for the ice cream scoop, Gathered twigs and Ground espresso for the chocolate topping, and Mowed lawn and Festive berries for the cherry.

I then stamped the cute mouse on a piece of white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. I then used the coordinating die to cut it out.

To finish the card, I glued the Ice cone die cut on the cardbase and adhered the cute mouse with foam tape.

To create the big card, I die cut the Ice truck from white cardstock and blended Distress oxides. Instead of using the ice cream cone included in the set, on the roof of the truck, I used the similar dies from the Ice cream dies.

I then assembled the truck with liquid adhesive.

Next, I created the background, using the Cloudy day stencil on the upper part to create giant scoops.

For the biscuit ground, I used the Plaid cover die to create a stencil. I blended Scattered straw on the entire bottom area and then Tea-dye and Vintage photo through the home-made stencil.

I then stamped the 2 cute mice on white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

I adhered the truck on the background and then stamped the sentiment from the Let's celebrate stamp set just above the ice cream. 

Finally, I adhered the front panel onto the cardbase and I adhered the mice with foam tape.

#cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #handmadecards #diecutting #sssigchallenge

Comments