Skip to main content

Mysterious love

Love how this card turned out. I used the gorgeous Mysterious Petals with the Sweet friend cute mice from @alexsyberiadesigns.

Products:
Sweet Friend stamp and die
Mysterious Petals die set
Chevron Chic stencil
Bouquet of Blessings stamp and die set
Slimline Nested Stitched die set

Distress oxides: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey,
Carved Pumpkin, Ripe Persimmon, Crackling Campfire, Cracked
Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Uncharted Mariner

 

I started by die cutting the back panel from Peacock cardstock using the larger rectangle from the Slimline Nested Stitched die set. I then blended Distress oxides Salty Ocean and Uncharted Mariner on the edges and blended with Peacock Feathers towards the center.

I then blended more Uncharted Mariner through the Chevron Chic stencil. As the stencil was not big enough for the panel, I presented it a first time at an angle on the top part and faded out the blending towards the edges of the stencil, to avoid having a harsh line. I repeated the same steps at the bottom of the panel, with a different angle.

I then die cut the Mysterious Petals die set from white cardstock twice and blended Distress oxides:
- Stems and leaves: Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean
- 1st layer of petals: Ripe Persimmon and Crackling Campfire
- 2nd layer of petals: Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed
- 3rd layer of petals: Wild Honey and Carved Pumpkin

 

I then adhered the back panel onto the cardbase and the two stems on the back panel with liquid adhesive. Adhering the stems wasn't easy and I have to admit I did a bit of a mess, leaving traces of adhesive on the background. There are never any mistakes made but just opportunities for more embellishments, right?! So I first tried to remove as much of the glue residues as I could and decided to splatter metallic watercolor on the back panel to cover remaining residues. I used Hydracolor Empress watercolor and let it dry.

In the meantime, I stamped the cute mice from the Sweet Friend stamp set and the Love sentiment from the Bouquet of Blessings stamp set. I colored the mice with Copic markers C8 to C1. For the cheeks and ears, I used RV34, RV32, RV11 and R00. For the girl's dress, I used YR21, Y21, Y13 and Y11 and on the boy's shorts, YR27, YR24 and YR21.

I then adhered the petals and leaves onto the stems. I glued the sentiment at the bottom, to hide more of the glue mess on the stem. And finally I adhered the mice with foam tape where the two stems connect.


#alexsyberiadesigns #creativestampingmagazine
#cardmaking #handmadecards #diecutting #cardmakingofinstagram #diecutting



Comments