Skip to main content

May all your dreams come true

Today I'm sharing a cute card with one of the adorable bunnies of the Crafty Meraki Don't worry be hoppy stamp set. The sentiment is from the Year of the tiger stamp set, which is a nice way to reuse this stamp set outside the Chinese New Year. The set has various sentiments that can be used throughout the year. For the moon, I used the new My Favorite Things Over the moon die.

To create this card, I started by cutting a panel from white cardstock, around 12 x 12 cm.
I also die cut the Over the moon die from My Favorite Things from white cardstock and from masking paper.

I then placed the cardstock moon die cut onto my panel and drew lines around the moon. I then removed the moon crescent and stamped the little bunny with Antique linen distress ink. I also stamped it on Masking paper and reserved it.

I then applied Pebeo drawing gum (masking liquid) onto the bunny and once dry, I started to watercolor the moon with Distress inks: Pumice stone, Hickory smoke and a bit of Black soot, making sure to leave a lot of white spots to create the light.

Once dry, I peeled off the drawing gum and masked the bunny. I also masked the moon.


I then ink blended the background with Tumbled glass (inside the crescent), and then from the moon to the edges: Prize ribbon, Chipped sapphire and Black soot.

I stamped the sentiment on a piece of cardstock and cut around the text to create a mask. I placed the cardstock on my panel where I want the sentiment to be later on and then splattered white gouache with a little water.

Once dry, I removed the masks and stamped the sentiment with Versamark and Wow white embossing powder. I also went over some details of the bunny with a sepia Copic liner. To protect the card, I applied Distress glaze.

#craftymerakistore #craftymeraki #merakihugs #craftymeraki #craftymerakidt Don't worry be hoppy and Year of the tiger #mftdienamics Over the Moon
#pebeo Drawing gum #inkadinkado Masking paper #distressink Antique linen, Vintage photo, Brushed corduroy, Ground espresso, Worn lipstick, Pumice stone, Hickory smoke and Black soot #distressoxide Tumbled glass, Prize ribbon, Chipped sapphire and Black soot #copicliner #whitegouache #versamark #wowembossingpowder #distressglaze
#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #onelayercard #handmadecards #diycards #watercolor #watercoloring

Comments