Skip to main content

Sending pixie dust

Today, I'm sending you a bit of pixie dust to brighten your day. I think we can all use a bit of cheering up vibes at the moment.

For this card, I mixed two @crafty_meraki stamp sets: Pixie perfect and Don't worry be hoppy


To create my card, I started by cutting my front panel (10,2 by 13,5 cm). This card is a one layer card, involving some masking, so the important thing is to start by stamping the forefront image, then mask the image before stamping the rear image.

Here, I'm positionning the mushroom house which will go behind the fairy, and then placing the fairy stamp on top of it. By placing both stamps, this gives me an idea of how images will occupy the card and interact with one another. I close my stamp positionner to pick up the fairy stamp and remove the mushroom house.

Here is the fairy stamped on my card and also on masking paper. I then fussy cut the mask and place it on my front panel, before stamping the mushroom house.

I stamp the mushroom house on masking paper and place it on my card, so I can ink blend the background later on.

 

 I then repeat the same steps for each image: 1- stamping, 2- masking

Once this is done, I will use a grass stencil, with the positive and negative parts on either sides of the stencil. This will allow me to ink blend the grass and then protect the area to ink blend the sky.

To ink blend the grass, I'm starting first with the lighter color, Distress oxide Twisted citron, and then the darker color, Distress oxide Rustic wilderness and then come back with Twisted citron to blend the two shades

Once the grass is done, I'm removing the stencil and placing it on top of the grass to protect the area. Then with a cloud stencil, I'm ink blending some Distress oxide Tumbled glass and a bit of Salty ocean closer to the edge to intensify the color

The ink blending is done. I am now stamping the sentiment.

Finally I can unmask all images and start coloring them with Copic markers.

To finish, I'm adding a few details with a white gel pen in the eyes and the butterfly wings

Hope you like the result and enjoyed this tutorial.
If you are unfamiliar with masking, I encourage you to give it a try.

Have a wonderful day!

#craftymerakistore #craftymeraki #craftymerakidt Pixie perfect and Don't worry be hoppy
#distressoxide Twisted citron, Rustic wilderness, Tumbled glass and Salty ocean #tsukineko Memento ink #inkadinkado Masking paper #copic #sakura Gelly roll pen
#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #onelayercard #spring #springcard #sssigchallenge

Comments