Skip to main content

Every day is a new beginning

Today, I'm on the @crafty_meraki blog with a watercolor minislim card inspiration

For this project, I used the Orchids stamp set from the Craftober collaboration with the Colorado Craft Company.

To start, I stamped the image on watercolor cardstock and colored the orchid with Karin brusmarkers pro. For the flowers, I used a purple and black markers, blending the colors with an Altenew watercolor brush. I also added touches of gold watercolor on the flowers.

With the same brush, I watercolored around the image with Distress inks Antique linen, Frayed burlap and Walnut stain.

Once dry, I splattered Walnut stain distress oxide over the entire image. I then used the Distress Picket fence reinker to splatter on the image, once pure and another time slightly diluted with clear water.

Once dry, I used the Birthday star Mini Slimline middle die to cut the image. I then stamped the sentiment with Ink on 3 embossing ink and heat embossed gold powder.

I created a cardbase slightly larger and taller than the slimline panel and rounded the four angles with a corner rounder. I then glued the slimline panel on the cardbase and glued a few Ebony Opal Gems.

#craftymerakistore #craftymeraki #craftymerakidt #coloradocraftcompany

#heroarts Intense black ink #karin Brushmarker markers pro #hydracolourwatercolors #distressink Picket fence, Antique linen, Frayed burlap and Walnut stain

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #onelayercard #handmadecards #diycards #watercolor #watercoloring #sssigchallenge

Comments