Skip to main content

May your Easter be a happy one

Come on join this happy bunch of bunnies and chickies for a fun Easter party!
I know there's a lot going on on this card, but I absolutely wanted to use as much as possible of both @sunnystudiostamps Bunnyville and Chickie baby stamp sets
Hope you find it fun! 

 
To create this card, I started by stamping all images with a Copic friendly ink and then colored them with Copic markers. I used the coordinating dies and ran them through my die-cutting machine.

I cut my slimline front panel. I also die cut 3 grass borders from white cardstock with the Honeybee stamps Grass border die, to occupy about a third of the front panel, at the bottom, and blended Rustic wilderness and Twisted citron from top to bottom. 

On the front panel, I blended some Distress oxide Kitsch flamingo and Spun sugar with the MFT Mini cloud stencil in the upper part, occupying about one third of the panel. I then blended Rustic wilderness and Twisted citron below the clouds to create the upper higher grass line. I stamped the sentiment at the top of the front panel.

I then placed the second greater egg stackable die from Lawn Fawn about an inch below the grass border and ran it through my die-cutting machine. At the back of the panel, I fixed two of the bunnies, letting them peek out of the egg and then taped acetate at the back of the egg.

I covered the back panel with 3D foam on the four edges and around the egg. I removed the backing of the 3D foam just around the egg. I poured the clay mix in the middle and closed the opening with another layer of acetate. I added double-sided tape around the egg shape on the acetate layer.

 

I then assembled the images of the background scene with glue, and then added double-sided tape at the back.
I also cut a piece of white cardstock big enough to cover the egg, and blended Distress oxide Vintage photo and Ground espresso. I then placed my rear scene facing down on the acetate and taped the chocolate background facing down.

I cut the cardbase from white cardstock, slightly bigger than the front panel. I added glue on the back of the chocolate background and removed all remaining backings of the 3D foam and taped the front panel on the cardbase.

I trimmed the edges of the 3 grass layers the same width as the front panel and assembled the 3 pieces together, with double-sided tape at the bottom and glue above, making sure to avoid the top edge, so I can slide in the critters later on.

I glued the grass layers on the front panel and tucked the critters in the grass, using glue.
I finished the card by gluing the chickie sliding down on one side of the egg and the butterflies.


#sunnystudiostamps Bunnyville and Chickie baby #lawnfawn Easter egg stackables and Grassy stencil #honeybeestamps Grass border die #mftstencil Mini cloud stencil #prettypinkposh Bunny garden clay mix

#tsukineko Memento Tuxedo back ink #distressoxide Spun sugar, Kitsch flamingo, Vintage photo, Ground espresso, Rustic wilderness and Twisted citron #copic #sakura Gelly roll pen #lawnfawn Acetate #3DFoam

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #slimlinecard #sssigchallenge  #diecutting

Comments