Skip to main content

What's popping?

I really love the movies theme and there are not many stamp sets that tackle this theme. As you will see later this week I'll post another pop corn card which I made before @timeforteadesigns and @waffleflowercrafts released the amazing products I used for this card today.

To make this card, I started with the background. I put some masking tape at the bottom, right where the wood floor will be stamped later on. Using the Time for Tea designs Popcorn stencil, I ink blended some Distress oxide Antique linen and then Mustard seed just on the edge of each popcorn.

Then, I stamped the wood floor with the Picket Fence Studios Slim line Tall grass and Waves with Tile and Wood floors stamp, with brown ink. I used Copic markers to color the wood floor.

Next, I stamped all the images from the Time for tea designs Movie night stamp set and colored them with Copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut the images out.

I then die cut the Waffle Flower crafts pop corn bag and pop corns. I die cut two of the pop corn topper to have more dimension. With the coordinating stencil, I ink blended Distress oxide Candied apple and then Aged mahogany on the pop corn bag, and Antique linen and Mustard seed on the pop corns.

With the Hero Arts oval inifity dies, I die cut the small oval label to add on the popcorn bag. I stamped the sentiment from the Waffle Flower crafts Popping sentiments on it.

I then started to assemble the card. I cut some vellum of the size of my front panel plus an inch on all 4 edges. I added double-sided tape on my front panel right where I plan to adhere the pop corn bag, as well as along the top edge of the wood floor. This is to allow the shaker bits to remain visible on the upper part of the card. I peeled off the release paper and adhered the vellum to the front panel. 

I then trimmed the four angles of the vellum and added double-sided tape on all 4 flaps. I peeled off the release paper on the left, bottom and right edges and adhered the vellum at the back of my front panel.

I poured some stars and the extra images I stamped and colored from the Movie night stamp set. I peeled off the release paper at the top and closed the shaker.

I glued the front panel on my card base.

Next, I assembled the pop corn bag. I started by gluing one popcorn topper upside down at the back of the bag and the other in the front. I then glued the oval label below. Finally I glued the pop corn bag on my front panel, tucked in the 2 big extra pop corns from the die set, behind the popcorn toppers on the top right side.

 

I then adhered the seats with 3D foam and tucked in the 3 small extra pop corn die cuts behind the seat legs, as well as an extra small bag of popcorn. Finally, I glued the little critters on the seats.

#timeforteadesigns Movie night and Pop corn stencil #waffleflowercrafts Popcorn dies & stencil and Popping sentiments #heroarts Oval infinity dies #picketfencestudios Slim line Tall grass and Waves with Tile and Wood floors

#tsukineko Memento inks #distressoxide Candied apple, Aged mahogany, Antique linen and Mustard seed #copic #canson Vellum #3DFoam

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #diecutting #interactivecard #shakercard

Comments