Skip to main content

Life is cool by the pool

Hello Crafty Friends,

Today I have a refreshing shaker card featuring the Pool party set. This set is really awesome and there are so many characters to pick from! I love that you can make so many different cards with the same set

To start, I cut my front panel from white cardstock, 5.7" x 4". I also cut another panel slightly smaller to create the background

I die cut the pool outline from the largest front panel, thus creating an opening.

I placed my largest front panel over the smaller one in my stamping press, to use the opening as a guide to position the pool stamp. I removed my front panel and stamped the pool image on the background. I also stamped the pool image on masking paper.

With scissors, I fussy cut the inside of the pool from the masking paper and adhered it to my  background. With the My Favorite Things Perfect Pool Water Stencil, I blended some Distress ink Salty ocean in the pool, twice, using different parts of the stencil to create several layers of water

I removed the masking paper and added some highlights in the water with a white gel pen. I also colored the pool tiles with Copic markers

I then stamped all the little images on another piece of cardstock and colored them with Copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut the images

On my front panel, I drew lines with a Copic liner and a ruler, to create a pavement. I colored the ground with Copic markers. Using the Heffy Doodle Messy desk stencil, I blended some water splatters with Distress ink Salty ocean. Finally, I stamped the sentiment.

Time to assemble the shaker! I started by taping acetate at the back of the front panel. I then added 3D foam at the back. I poured a few sequins on my pool background, removed the release paper from the 3D foam and adhered the front panel to the background.

I then adhered the front panel to my cardbase and adhered all images with double-sided tape.

I hope you will try some cool shaker card using this tutorial. Thank you for reading and see you next time!


#craftymerakistore #craftymeraki #craftymerakidt #merakiversary Pool Party #mftstencil Perfect pool water stencil #heffydoodle Messy desk stencil

#tsukineko Memento ink #inkadinkado Masking paper #copic #sakura Gelly roll pen #3D foam #copicliner #distressink Salty ocean

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #diecutting #interactivecard #shakercard

Comments