Skip to main content

Birthday tags

Today, I have two shaker tags made from a single stamped and watercolored image, from the Monet's Garden stamp set, freshly released. This beautiful image was illustrated by @eamidgett.  I love that the stamp is extra large and you can use part or whole of it in your papercraft projects


I stamped the Monet's garden image with the My Favorite Things Extreme Black Hybrid Ink  and watercolored the image with Distress inks. I also added a little shimmer with the Altenew Metallic watercolor set on the edges of the leaves and petals 

I let the image fully dry.

Then, I die cut the image in its center with the tag from the Love Slimline tag die set and the sentiment from the Birthday slimline tag die set. I'm securing the tag and sentiment together with washi tape, so I can die cut another set of cardstock with the exact same placement.

I'm keeping all the cut out bits, including the negative parts. The rest of the image outside the tag will be preciously saved for another project later

I repeat the same from white cardstock.  I'm also diecutting two plain tags from white cardstock, without the sentiment for the shakers backs.


I will then assemble both tags by mixing the die cuts, i.e.,  Monnet sentiment with white tag and Monnet tag with white sentiment.

To assemble the tags, using the front tag as a guide, I'm gluing the sentiments at the back of the plain tags. It's important to glue them at the back and not the front, so that the nice side of the tag will be the back of your tag in the end.

I then taped acetate at the back of the tag fronts. On the front of them, I taped the negative bits of the sentiment. I then added 3D foam at the back, over the acetate and poured some sequins. I removed the release paper from the 3D foam and placed my tag back, sentiment down and facing the back (i.e., nice front of the cut out)

I then die cut the Happy from the Birthday slimline tag set twice from black card stock and glued it on the front of each tag

#craftymerakistore #craftymeraki #craftymerakidt #merakisummer Monet's garden, Birthday slimline tag and Love slimline tag

#mftstamps Extreme Black Hybrid Ink #distressink #Altenew Metallic watercolor #3DFoam

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #diecutting #handmadecards #diycards #diecutting #slimlinetag #birthdaytag #interactivecard #shakercard

Comments