Skip to main content

Dudley's Christmas

The new @whimsystamps mini release is available with more Christmas additions!
Today, I have a cute triple shaker card featuring the new Dudley's Christmas stamp set.

Whimsy Stamps products:
- Dudley's Christmas stamp set
- Elegant ornaments stamp set (ornaments)
- Christmas postcard stamp set (pine branches)
#whimsystamps #whimsystampsdies


To create this card, I cut two A2 panels. On the first panel, I stamped Dudley and also a second time on a separate piece of cardstock.
Back to my first front panel, using circle dies, I created an opening inside Dudley's ornament, and two other openings on the upper part, leaving enough space between each circle to create distinct shakers.

I then stamped the top of the ornament above the 2 circle openings with versamark and heat set with gold powder.
I also stamped the pine branches and the sentiment.

Time to stamp the ornament body on the second panel. I'm temporarily placing my first panel over the second one to position the stamps in my stamp press. Then, I removed the first panel and stamped the ornaments with versamark, also heat set with gold powder.

On the back panel, I blended Distress oxides Tattered rose and Kitsch Flamingo, over the embossed ornaments.

I then colored the front panel with Copic markers: the pine branches and the ornament over Dudley's head. I am not coloring Dudley on this panel. Remember, I stamped Dudley on a separate piece of cardstock. This is the one I colored with Copic markers, coloring the head as if it was behind the ornament glass. I then fussy cut the image without leaving any white border and ran a black marker over the edges for a perfect finish.

I then taped acetate at the back of my front panel. I also glued the cut out Dudley over my front panel over the orginally stamped one. I added 3D foam tape at the back of my front panel, around the circles and the 4 edges of the panel.
I then poured some sequins over the ornaments on the back panel, removed the release paper at the back of the 3D foam on the first panel and adhered it over the back panel.

I then trimmed the edges of the back panel and glued the front panel on my cardstock.

 

#tsukineko Memento ink #distressoxide Tattered rose and Kitsch flamingo #copic #versamark #wowembossingpowder #3DFoam

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #diecutting #interactivecard #shakercard #christmas #christmascard

Comments