Skip to main content

Birthday wishes

So sadly, this card never made it to its recipient. I'm so disappointed for her and also because I had put  lot of time in the making and I was super happy about the result. I'm not the kind who likes to make multiples or repeat the same design (I'm always afraid that the second shot is not as good as the first one and all the reveal and excitement of discovering how the card turns out is gone for me), so it really breaks my heart to know that this card is lost somewhere and not in the hand of its lovely recipient 

The card was intended for a Pisces. Back then, I had my fair share of goldfish cards and when thinking of this card theme, it then became obvious that if anything from sea life, its recipient would have to be a mermaid

So I went for this mermaid birthday card, and because I was not quite ready yet (and still am not) for Summer cards and blue oceans, I thought of pink sugar sand and pink waters and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the end result. Hope you like it too! Hope I get to forget that this card is probably lying in a puddle or torn at the bottom of mail sack, burried below many more mail sacks... or maybe it is lying at the bottom of the North sea...


#sweetnovemberstamps Mermaid hair, Sunshine and sea shells, Merwees set 2 #mamaelephant Little mermaiden agenda #clearlybesotted Balloon bunch sea #photoplay Hey cupcake #sunnystudiostamps Magical mermaids #newtonsnook Love & chocolate


#tsukineko Memento ink #inkadinkado Masking paper #distressoxide Antique linen, Spun sugar and Kitsch Flamingo #copic #copicliner #sakura Gelly roll pen #lawfawn Hillside stencils #mftstencil Ray of light


#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #onelayercard #birthday #birthdaycard







Comments