Skip to main content

It's a wedding. Let's seal-ebrate

I'm back on the @heffydoodle blog today with my second and last project. For this project, I combined 2 of their stamp sets: Sealy friends and You go, gull with their Ripple waves stencil. I'm so happy with how the scene turned out. The ripple waves stencil is a real stunner and I just love how much interest it adds this sea.


#heffydoodle You go, gull, Sealy friends, Watcha saying? and Ripple waves stencil + Happily ever crafter and Elfish antics (sentiment)

#sweetnovemberstamps Dock on the bay #chouandflowers Scrap #2 #paperieink Mine mine mine


#tsukineko Memento ink #distressoxide Speckled egg, Salty ocean, Salvaged patina, Peacock feathers and Uncharted mariner #copic #inkadinkado

Masking paper #copic liner #sakura Gelly roll pens


#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #onelayercard #sea #summer

#summercard #love #wedding

To create the card, I stamped the various images, using the masking technique. I stamped first the front images, then masked them to stamp images at the back. I also masked the bottom of two seals so they would appear in the water. To complete the scene, I also used images from others sets from my stash. I love to do that, even if scales are different. It is suprising how well sets can blend and you can create unique cards, tell amazing stories and customize the cards for your recipients, by mixing sets this way!

I also stamped a speech bubble from one of the Watcha saying stamp sets. The word Yessss! is from a set I have in my stash.

Once I stamped and masked all images, I created a mask to separate the sea and sky by using large masking tape and cutting it through in a wave shape. For the sea, I blended Distress oxides Salvaged patina and Peacock feathers. I then used the Ripple waves stencil with Mermaid lagoon and Uncharted mariner to give that cool wave and reflection effects. This was the first time I was using the stencil and I just love the result!

For the sky, I blended Distress oxides Speckled egg and Salty ocean, using a cloud stencil from my stash. If you don't have a cloud stencil in your stash, the Cloudy skies stencil is a must have!

I then stamped the sentiment, composing the first sentence from various other sets (Happily ever crafter and Elfish antics) and the second sentence from the Sealy friends set. Did you notice how the "It's" is smaller than the rest of the sentence? I think this is not a problem and actually adds interest to the sentiment! I also stamped the "Nice" speech bubble from the same set and went over the letters with a white gel pen.

I then unmasked all images and colored them with my alcohol markers. I went over the pearl with a glitter gel pen to add some shine. I also added eye lashes to the seal girls, using a liner pen.

Comments