Skip to main content

Whimsy Stamps no-fuss masks

I was so excited when I found out about @whimsystamps new product launch. I'm a sucker for masking but when it comes to fussy cutting, really not my cup of tea!

If you are not too familiar with masking and fussy cutting, know that it requires a lot of precision to get a nice result. These no-fuss masks have the perfect size!! So not only are you going to save a lot of time with these, but you'll be sure to get a neat result!

Now, I use masks a lot and I am very demanding with them. The adhesive must be strong enough to stay in place when you ink blend over them, but it should be easy to peel the mask off without scratching your paper or leaving adhesive residue on your paper... because that is a Copic killer and would affect your ability to blend markers. Another quality I'm very careful about is the thickness of the masking paper. I loooove to stamp multiple layers for my scenes and when the masking paper is too thick, the stamping is then partial, leaving an unreachable edge around the mask.

This masking paper is perfect and I wish it would also be available as plain sheets too, because there is so much more you can achieve with masking paper, such as using them with your dies to create background masks. Anyways, the no-fuss masks have the perfect thickness and tackiness too!!

For my project, I did put the mask to the test with some heavy inking, even liquid inks. I did test how repositionable it was and whether that would affect the tackiness, like it can sometimes. No issue there! You won't be able to see on my reel but the mask was so damp that the paper had started to fluff and before I removed the mask I really thought the ink had bled under the mask. Nope, just perfect!


To create this card, I started by stamping the cute bat from the Cutie batootie stamp set on my card panel. I then masked it using the coordinating No-fuss instant mask. I then blended Distress oxide Candied apple on the entire panel and then, with a sponge, I dabbed more ink from the Oxide spray, pourring ink directly from the bottle to the sponge. I also dabbed some Black soot at the top to darken the edges and then blended the two colors together with my sponge. For my background, I took the inspiration from the Whimsy Stamps Vampire 6x6 designer paper.

I then removed the mask to reveal the bat.

I created stencils from cardstock using the 3 smaller graves from the Build a graveyard die set and the 2 tall grass dies from the Slimline Fence die set to create the bottom part of the card, blending Distress oxide Black soot through those temporary stencils. I then blended more Black soot at the bottom.

I colored the cute bat with Copic markers. To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed it with white powder.

 

#whimsystamps #halloweeners #whimsystampshalloweeners #whimsystampshalloween #spookycool #creepycool #toocutetospook Cutie batootie, No-fuss instant masks, Build a graveyard die set, Slimline Fence die set and Vampire 6x6 designer paper (inspiration for the background)

#heroarts Intense black ink #distressoxide Candied apple and Black soot #distressoxidespray Candied apple and Black soot #copic #copicliner #sakura Gelly roll pen #versamark #wowembossingpowder

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #onelayercard #halloween #halloweencard

Comments