Skip to main content

You are a star!

The pandas from the new @alexsyberiadesigns Cheerful Panda Moments set really crack me up. I also have a soft spot for sleeping critters. So when I saw that cute sleeping panda, I knew I wanted to have him sleeping on a moon. And as I was debating with myself on how to use the new Nested Stitched Circle die set for the moon, it suddenly became obvious to me I had to make a snowglobe!

This card is interactive in so many ways! Since it is a snowglobe, it had to have a shaker. Also, I wanted the snow globe to be in an upright position, so I decided to create an easel. And that sleeping Panda on a moon totally reminded me of certain night lights, so it made sense to also light it up.

To create the frame of the snow globe, I used both nested circles and die cut the background and back circles from the larger die. I stamped the cute panda directly onto the background and masked it. I also die cut a small circle from masking paper to create the moon. I then inked the background with Distress oxides Spun sugar, Kitsch flamingo, Picked raspberry and Wilted violet, and splattered gold watercolor. I then dabbed Distress inks Squeezed lemonade, Pumice stone and Iced spruce onto the moon.


For the snow globe base, I cut 2 rectangles from white cardstock and rounded the top angles with a corner rounder. I then dabbed Distress oxides Scattered straw, Tea-dye, Vintage photo and Ground espresso to create a wood effect. I stamped the sentiment from the Always be yourself stamp set, released last Spring, with Versamark and heat embossed it with gold powder.

To create the shaker, I also die cut a circle with the larger Nested stitched circle die from acetate and adhered it at the back of the circle frame. I then added 3D Foam at the back of the frame, poured some glitter star, holographic star and glow-in-the-dark star sequins and closed the shaker with the background.


To light up the moon, I used the @pearblossompress Halo light which I adhered to the back circle panel and rear snow globe base. I added 3D foam around the halo, avoiding the center of the halo and adhered the panel to my shaker background. I presented the front of the snow globe base and marked the spot for the light switch. I then stamped and heat embossed a star on that location to indicate where to press the switch. I added more 3D Foam around the globe, on the base, and then adhered the front of the base.

To finish the card, I created a cardbase and then scored the front panel in the middle to create an easel. I adhered the snow globe on the bottom part of the front card. Finally, to create a stopper for the easel, I stamped a sentiment from the Always be yourself set and heat embossed it. I then die cut it, along with two additional ones and glued the three pieces together. I then glued the sentiment inside the cardbase.


#alexsyberiadesign Cheerful Panda Moments, Nested stitched Circle die set, Always be yourself
#pearblossompress Halo light pack

#tsukineko Memento ink #distressoxide Spun sugar, Kitsch flamingo, Picked raspberry, Wilted violet #distressink Squeezed lemonade, Pumice stone, Iced spruce #versamark #wowembossingpowder #3Dfoam

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #diecutting #interactivecard #easelcard #shakercard #lightupcard


Comments