Skip to main content

Christmas ornament

I won't lie to you; I did not envision this card straight away. I had already created the pumpkin and apple shape cards a few days before. And while I was creating a card involving some winter foliage, I came across the Jingle bell joy die set from @alexsyberiadesigns and it occurred to me that the smaller bell would make the perfect hip knob for a Christmas ornament!


To create this easel card, I started by die cutting a circle with the Timeless blooms celebration die and blended Distress oxides Candied apple, Lumberjack plaid and Black soot.

I then die cut the cardbase with the Timeless blooms celebration circle die: I took a piece of cardstock twice the size of the die and scored in the middle. Once folded, I taped the die, making it stick out of the fold, so that it doesn't get cut.

I also die cut one more circle and the half circle from the Timeless blooms celebration die set, to glue at the back of the card base and the front panel top respectively. I also die cut the smaller circle from the Nested stitched circle die set to glue inside the cardbase for a nice finish.


I die cut the smaller bell waist and larger clapper, from the Jingle bell joy die set, from brushed gold cardstock, twice. I adhered one bell waist at the top of the front circle panel, then adhered the clapper on the top, gluing it at the back. Working on the back, I glued the other clapper back to back and then the bell waist. I then used hole punch pliers through the clapper to create the opening to slide in twine.

Next, I stamped the images and inside sentiment, from the Collecting memories (bear on bike and wagon), Spring bunnies (bunny), Falala friends (christmas caps and gifts) and Christmas sentiments stamps sets, on white cardstock, and colored the images with Copic markers. I used the Collecting memories, Spring bunnies, Falala friends and Christmas sentiments die sets to cut them out. For the inside sentiment, I also die cut 2 additional sentiments on white cardstock and stacked them, to create a stopper for the circle easel.

I then stamped the Season's greetings from the Christmas sentiments set onto the front circle with Versamark and heat embossed it with white powder.
To finish the card, I glued all the elements on the front and sentiment inside the card.


#alexsyberiadesigns Collecting memories, Timeless blooms celebration die set, Nested stitched circle die set, Christmas sentiments, Spring bunnies, Falala friends, Jingle bell joy die set

#tsukineko Memento ink #distressoxide Candied apple, Lumberjack plaid and Black soot #versamark #wowembossingpowder #copic

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #diecutting #christmas #christmascard #interactivecard #easelcard

Comments