Skip to main content

All is calm, all is bright

The new @alexsyberiadesigns Midnight Blooms are a pure wonder. Today, I'm sharing a shaker dome featuring the Midnight Blooms in all formats available: stamp and die sets, hot foil plate which I used to dry emboss the front panel and stencil set which I used with Distress oxides and glimmer paste. I also used the new Noel hot foil plate which I foiled directly on the acetate.

To create the dome, I used the Timeless blooms celebration die set and partial die-cutting. And for more cuteness, I added some cute bunnies from the Spring bunnies set and gave them some cute Christmas hats from the Falala friends set.

To create the card, I started by creating the dome opening on the front panel. I used the half circle die from the Timeless blooms celebration die set and partial die-cutting to cut out only the arch at the top of the dome. With a T-ruler and crafting knife, I cut the bottom part of the dome.

I then dry embossed the panel with the Midnight blooms hot foil plates, without using any foil.

On the background panel, I stamped the large flower from the Midnight blooms and masked it. I also stamped the smaller flower on a separate piece of cardstock. I then blended the background with Distress oxides Prize ribbon and Wilted violet. I then removed the mask and starting inking the flowers with the Midnight blooms stencil set.

Through the first stencil, I blended Distress oxides Spun sugar and Kitsch flamingo for the petals, and Old paper, Salvaged patina and Mowed lawn for the leaves. Through the second stencil, I blended Distress oxides Kitsch flamingo and Picked raspberry on one side, and Mowed lawn, Salty ocean and Rustic wildnerness on the other side. I then dabbed gold ink through the flower stencil. Through the third stencil, I blended Picked raspberry and Rustic wilderness, and then spread Nuvo glimmer Moonstone paste.

I then stamped the sentiment All is calm, all is bright on the background panel with Versamark and heat set with white embossing powder. I stamped a few stars as well.

Next, I stamped the cute bunnies from the Spring bunnies set, and a few hats from the Falala friends set, and colored them with Copic markers. I also added a golden glitter touch on the hats with the Midas touch aqua shimmer pen from Nuvo.

I die cut the Spring bunnies, Falala friends Christmas hats and smaller Midnight blooms flower with the coordinating dies.

Finally, I hot foiled the Noel sentiment on acetate with the Noel hot foil plate and white matte foil and then assembled the shaker: I taped the acetate at the back of the front panel. I tucked the top bunnies between the front panel and the acetate. I taped the flower and the other bunnies on the front panel. I then added 3D foam at the back, poured sequins and glass chips over the back panel and adhered the front panel on top of it. I then glued the shaker on the cardbase.

 

#alexsyberiadesigns Midnight bloosms, Noel Hot foil plate, Spring bunnies, Timeless blooms celebration die set

#tsukineko Memento ink and Brilliance Galaxy gold #inkadinkado Masking paper #copic #sakura Gelly roll pen #versamark #wowembossingpowder #nuvoglimmer Moonstone paste #3DFoam #ranger #distressoxide Prize ribbon, Wilted violet, Spun sugar, Kitsch flamingo, Picked raspberry, Old paper, Mowed lawn and Rustic wilderness #spellbinders White matte glimmer foil #nuvoaquashimmer Midas touch pen

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #diecutting #interactivecard #shakercard #christmas #christmascard

Comments