Skip to main content

Take a break

Today, I'm on the @pinkandmain blog with this relaxing card featuring the new Reset set illustrated by Mommy Lhey from @littlebitsbox

To create the card, I cut a piece of cardstock for my front panel, from watercolor cardstock. With the Cloudy day stencil and Distress oxide Tattered rose, I inked the background middle part, reserving a small cloud on the top and larger one at the bottom. These clouds will form the basis for the bubble background.

 

I then inked the bubble areas with Distress ink Tumbled glass and water, applying it with a brush. I dried it with my heat gun and then came back with more ink, less diluted this time, forming circles along the edge of the cloud border and then inside the area, making sure to dry each bubble before painting the next one. I then came back with Distress ink Broken China to create a darker edge to each bubble.

I dried the panel entirely and then redefined the edges of each bubble with blue pencils and a white pencil. To finish the bubbles, I added a few highlights with a Posca marker.

 

I then, stamped the two sentiments with black ink and heat set them with clear embossing powder.

Next, I stamped the two images from the Reset set, colored them with Copic marker and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I then adhered the images on the background with 3D foam.

To finish the card, I glued a few clear drop embellishments to add a watery effect to the card.

#pinkandmain Reset and Cloudy day stencil

#tsukineko Memento ink #versafine #ranger #distressoxide Tattered rose #distressink Tumbled glass and Broken china #copic #copicliner #posca White marker #studiokatia Clear drops #3DFoam #wowembossingpowder

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #diecutting #watercolor #watercoloring

Comments