Skip to main content

I think you're cute

If you need a little potion to boost your romantism this Valentine, I got you covered!

I absolutely wanted to revisit one of my card ideas from last year. I hadn't received the @honeybeestamps Love potions yet back then (I used both the Love potion jars and Perfect potions sets on this card), and I had to improvise with a vase... So this time, I think I have the love potion jars covered. And this was totally worth the wait as the Waffle Flower Crafts Love potion stamp set pairs beautifully with the Honeybee stamps Potion sets.


I know the card is a little busy... but I also wanted to practice some coloring with glass elements and multiple layers of objects and colors. Lately, I lost my mojo a little bit and appetite for big one-layer cards, finding it hard to concentrate and not get into some mind-wandering about sad/unpleasant thoughts, and I needed to get restarted. I'm not a 100% satisfied with the result, but it was fun trying different techniques to improve the result.

For the transparency, I stamped the jars one onto another without masking. If I had to do it again, I would probably go for the harder solution, stamping the rear jars and images with a lighter ink, then come back with a black copic liner on the lines not standing behind another jar. But when I stamped the card, I wasn't looking for something too time-consuming or requiring too much thinking. I was also hoping that coloring inside the jars would minimize the presence of those harsh lines... but nothing good comes easy in life, so once the card was finished and all colored, I came back with a white pencil to soften all the black lines behind jars and also add a little opacity to the glass and the result got much better. It's very subtle on the finished picture but made a huge difference.

 

#honeybeestamps Love potion jars and Perfect potions #clearlybesotted Scnene it School, Creating chemistry and As cute as chemistry #waffleflowercrafts Love potion #mftstamps Woodplank background 

#tsukineko Memento ink #ranger #distressoxide Tattered rose, Kitsch flamingo, Tea-dye and Vintage photo #copic #copicliner #sakura Gelly roll pen #posca White pen

#card #cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #cardmakerofinstagram #cardmakersofinstagram #handmadecards #diycards #onelayercard #valentine #valentinecard

Comments

Post a Comment