Skip to main content

You're quite the catch

I'm on the @pinkandmain blog today with two interactive cards. On one side, a rocking card with the Fish bowl dies and Ocean animal dies, and on the other side a pop-up frame card with the Aquarium dies, Fish bag dies and School of fish dies. Hope they inspire you.

 
Products:

Fish bowl dies, Ocean animal dies, Aquarium dies, Fish bag dies, School of fish dies, What fish say, Stocking stuffers, Ocean life paper pad, Ocean life stamp set and Ocean floor stencil

#cardmaking #cardmakingofinstagram #handmadecards #diecutting #interactivecard #rockingcard #popupcard #sssigchallenge #shapecard

To create the rocking card, I used a circle die to create the cardbase, folding the cardbase and die-cutting the circle slightly above the fold to match with the height of the fish bowl die.

I die cut the Fish bowl dies from white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers. I die cut the shark from the Ocean animals dies and also colored him with Copic markers. And finally, I also die cut the net from the Aquarium dies and once again used my Copic markers.

I then assembled the fish bowl elements with liquid adhesive and adhered it onto the cardbase. I stamped the sentiment from the What fish say stamp set, bending the clear stamp to follow the shape of the bowl.

I then adhered the fish net. To finish the card, I also stamp the cute cat from the Stocking stuffers set, colored him with Copic markers and die cut it using the coordinating dies. I adhered him with liquid adhesive. Finally, I adhered the shark with foam tape.

For the large aquarium pop-up frame card, I used the Aquarium dies, Fish bag dies and School of fish dies which I die cut from white cardstock. From the Aquarium dies, I die cut the sand twice to create layers.

I used the Aquarium rectangle to die cut an opening from my front panel. My front panel is about 5.5 by 8 inches. I positionned the opening in the bottom part and in the middle, de-centering it slightly towards the right, to allow enough space for the fish bag on the left.

I then scored the front panel on either sides at 0.5 inches, 1 inch and 2 inches and folded them to create a W shape folding backwards behind the front panel. This is what will create the pop-up effect and raise the front panel.

I then colored all the die cuts with Copic markers. I stenciled a few bubbles and fish with the new Ocean floor stencil with Distress ink Salty ocean.

I then adhered the top and bottom parts of the aquarium, with liquid adhesive. I then stamped the sentiments just above the aquarium from the Ocean life stamp set

I adhered one layer of sand at the back of the front panel and glued the shell.

I then prepared my cardbase, the same size as the central part of the front panel (without the folds). I also cut the bubble background from a sheet of the Ocean life paper pad and adhered in onto the cardbase with liquid adhesive.

I then added double sided tape on the 0.5 inch flap of the fold and adhered the front panel onto the cardbase.

I glued the second sand border on the background, slighty above the front layer. I adhered the plant and stone, as well as the chest onto that layer of sand. I then placed one fish with foam tape on the background and the second one on a strip of acetate which I fixed behind the first sand layer.

Next, I assembled the fish food vial and adhered it to the right of the aquarium. I also assembled the bag and glued another fish on it. I then adhered the bag to the left of the aquarium.

To finish the card, I also stamp the cute cat from the Stocking stuffers set, colored him with Copic markers and die cut it using the coordinating dies. I adhered him with foam tape above the aquarium

 

Comments