Skip to main content

More Christmas in July

I have a couple card inspirations on the Christmas in July theme. I really like how these two cards turned out and I hope you like them.

Products:
Underwater wonders, Falala friends, Merry Christmice, Christmas sentiments and Seaside swirls stencil

Distress oxides: Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Tea-dye and Vintage photo 


These cards are 4 1/8 by 6.  To create these cards, I used the masking technique, stamping the front images first on my card panel, masking them, with masking sheets which I stamped and fussy cut, and then stamping the rear images.

 

To add the Christmas hats for instance, I am placing the critter on my panel, then placing the hat stamp on top of the critter stamp and I close my stamping press to pick up the hat. I remove the critter, stamp the hat, mask it and then place the critter again on my panel to stamp it.

I used the Underwater wonders stamp set. The Christmas hats are from the Falala Friends stamp set and additional Christmas decorations from the Merry Christmice stamp set.

Once all images were stamped and masked, I took a piece of cardstock wider than my card panel and about a third in height and I cut it in half with my scissors, in a wave shape. I will use both pieces as a stencil to ink blend the sand and then the sea.

I placed the upper part of my custom stencil less than an inch from the bottom and taped it on the sides. I blended Distress oxides Tea-dye and then Vintage photo at the top. I removed the stencil and took the other half of the stencil and taped it on top of the ink blended sand. I then placed the Seaside swirls stencil over my panel and applied Distress oxide Salvaged Patina with a paper pouncer. I then added a bit of Peacock Feathers here and there to add some interest.

I then unmasked the images, stamped the sentiments with Peacock Feathers and black ink, from the Christmas sentiments stamp set.

Next, I colored the images with Copic markers, and added a few highlights in the eyes with a white gel pen.

Finally, I adhered my panel onto the cardbase with liquid adhesive and added a few teal sequins.

#alexsyberiadesigns
#cardmaking #handmadecards #onelayercard #cardmakingofinstagram #christmasinjuly

Comments