Skip to main content

Summer vibes

Today, I'm sharing a shaker card full of happy Summer vibes.

Products:
Pengu-tastic holiday, Paradise birds, Underwater wonders, Sunkissed memories, Giraffe-ic friends, Summer bliss die set and Nested scalloped frames die set

Distress oxides: Squeezed lemonade, Scattered Straw, Tea-dye, Vintage Photo, Ground Espresso, Salvaged Patina and Salty ocean

To create this beach scene, I started by stamping the palm tree on my panel, using the Pengu-tastic holiday stamp set and once more on masking paper. On white cardstock, I also stamped all the other images, using additional stamp sets, including the Giraffe-ic friends, Underwater wonders and Paradise birds.

I colored the images with Copic markers and added a few highlights in the eyes with a white gel pen. I then used the Pengu-tastic, Giraffe-ic friends, Underwater wonders and Paradise birds coordinating dies to die cut the images.

Next, I fussy cut the palm tree mask and adhered it onto the image. I took a long strip of white cardstock and teared it in the middle to create two stencils for the beach.

I taped the top side of the torn edge towards the bottom of my front panel, for the beach, and blended Distress oxides Scattered straw, then Tea-dye along the torn edge. I then splattered Ground espresso diluted with a few drops of water.

I let it dry and taped the bottom torn edge over the sand. I also added a band of masking tape a few centimers above to create the sea. I blended Distress oxides Salvaged Patina and Salty Ocean.

I then removed the torn edge stencil and moved the masking tape down to cover the sea. With a Cloud stencil, I blended Distress ink Salty Ocean in the sky.

I then used the Nested scalloped frames die set and die cut the 3rd smallest rectangle from white cardstock. I then created an opening in the middle, using the smallest rectangle die.

I blended Distress oxide Tea-dye over it and then directly applied the Vintage photo pad over it, wiping the surface from top to bottom. I also did the same with another piece of scrap which I'll use for the Chill out sentiment.

Finally, I blended Distress Squeezed lemonade on a piece of white cardstock to use at the back of the shaker.

I then die cut the Summer sentiment, from the Summer bliss die set, on the front panel and saved all the bits. I then stamped the sentiments above and below the Summer opening, from the Sunkissed memories stamp set. I then taped a piece of acetate at the back of the panel, behind the Summer opening. I then glued the small inside bits of the Summer word, using the Summer die cut to place them correctly.

Next, I added foam tape at the back of the front panel, around the Summer sentiment and the edges of the panel, filling gaps on the entire panel. I then poured some lemon clay embellishments, yellow rhinestones and clear sequins, removed the back paper of the foam tape and adhered the Squeeze lemonade background. I then added liquid adhesive over that back panel and adhered the front panel onto my cardbase.

Next, on the Tea-dye and Vintage photo blended small scrap of cardstock, I stamped the Chill out sentiment, from the Sunkissed memories stamp set with Versamark and heat set it with white embossing powder. I used one of the small rectangle dies from the coordinating dies to die cut it, as well as a thin and long die from the same set to die cut another thin rectangle of the same blended panel.

I then assembled the Tikki-bar adhereing the leaves at the top and covering the top edge with the Chill-out sentiment. I also added the thin rectangle at the bottom of the rectangle opening to create the bar counter. I then adhered the penguin's feet behind the bar and glued the drinks. Once done, I adhered the Tikki-bar on my front panel with liquid adhesive. I then adhered the parrot with foam tape at the top and liquid adhesive behind the tail. I also adhered the crab with foam tape and liquid adhesive. Finally, I adhered the flamingo with foam tape.

#alexsyberiadesigns
#cardmaking #handmadecards #diecutting #cardmakingofinstagram #interactivecard #shakercard

Comments