Skip to main content

I'm here for you always

I'm on the @alexsyberiadesigns blog today with a floral card featuring the Andalusia wildflowers and the Alhambra arabesque cover die.

Products:
Andalusia wildflowers, Alhambra arabesque cover die, Avian allure stamp set, Birthday bouquet stamp set and Birthday bouquet stencil (Alex Syberia Designs)

Distress oxides: Twisted citron, Mowed lawn, Rustic wilderness, Squeezed lemonade, Wild honey, Dried marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Worn lipstick, Tattered rose, Festive berries, Milled lavender and Wilted violet

To create this card, I started by cutting two panels slightly greater than the Alhambra arabesque cover die. I stamped the Birthday bouquet with black ink on both. For one of them, you need to use a hybrid ink as it will be watercolored.

For one of the panels, I used the coordinating stencil to color the bouquet: 

Stencil 1 - Middle pattern: Squeezed lemonade and Wild honey for the top and bottom flowers, Dried marigold and Ripe persimmon for the roses
Stencil 1 - Side patterns: Twisted citron and Mowed lawn for the top and bottom flowers, Ripe persimmon for the roses
Stencil 2 - Left pattern: Twisted citron and Mowed lawn for the leaves, Tattered rose and Worn lipstick for the rose
Stencil 2 - Right pattern: Mowed lawn for the leaves and Worn lipstick for the rose
Stencil 3 - Left pattern: Milled lavender for the top and bottom flowers, Worn lipstick and Festive berries for the rose
Stencil 3 - Middle pattern: Wilted violet for the top and bottom flowers, Festive berries for the rose
Stencil 3 - Right pattern: Tattered rose and Worn lipstick for the top stencil and Festive berries for the bottom one.

I then die cut the panel with the Alhambra arabesque cover die. 

 
On the second panel, I watercolored the image, with Karin brush markers, letting the colors spread outside the lines. I dried the panel with my heat gun. Next, I glued the first panel onto this panel and trimmed the edges. I adhered the panel onto the cardbase with liquid adhesive.

Next, I die cut the Andalusia wildflowers die set from white cardstock and used the same Distress oxides as the front panel to color the various flowers.

I then arranged the flowers and leaves on my desk and once satisfied, I used a low tack adhesive sheet to pick up the florals and glued elements at the back. I then added foam tape at the back and adhered the florals in the top right corner of the front panel.

I die cut a couple more flowers to add in the bottom left corner.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the Avian allure stamp set and used the coordinating dies to cut out. I adhered the sentiment on the bottom right corner with liquid adhesive.


#alexsyberiadesigns
#cardmaking #handmadecards #die²cutting #cardmakingofinstagram #floralcard


Comments