Skip to main content

Corny but reel

Sharing a fun movie card with @craftystampco goodies. The movie theme is one I like very much so the Move Time Meadow stamp set was an obvious choice for me. I paired it with their Film strip stencil which layout is perfect for all sizes of cards. I love how detailed it is.

Check the reel on Instagram to see how this card came together. A slower version of the video is available on my YT channel (link in bio)


Products:
Movie Time Meadow and Film strip stencil (Crafty Stamp Co)
Popcorn phrases (Karen Burniston)
Poppin' corn and Marquee sign dies (Simon Says Stamp)
Terrific slim tickets dies and Tickets to celebrate stamp (Whimsy Stamps)
Picture perfect die (Avery Elle Stamps)

Ranger Distress Oxides: Iced spruce, Scattered straw, Vintage photo and Lumberjack plaid


I used the Movie Time Meadow stamp set from Crafty Stamp Co as the focal point for this project, which I stamped on Copic friendly cardstock and colored with Copic markers.

In the background, I used their Film strip stencil which I stenciled with Ranger Distress oxide Iced spruce.

To set the scene, I used various die sets from different brands to create:

  • A pop corn bucket using the Poppin' corn die set from Simon Says Stamp, which I die cut from white and red cardstock. I glued the stripes with liquid adhesive and then aged the bucket with Ranger Distress Oxide Scattered straw. On the bucket, I stamped a sentiment from a Karen Burninston set with Distress oxide Lumberjack plaid. I die cut the pop corn from white cardstock and blended Scattered straw and Vintage photo. I then adhered the pop corns on the bucket and applied White heat and fluff from Simon Says Stamp, which I heat set, to create the fluff on the pop corns. You can also use a snow marker for the same result. To finish the popcorns, I dabbed Distress oxides Scattered straw and Vintage photo to color the fluff.
  • Theatre tickets, using the Terrific slim tickets dies and Tickets to celebrate stamp set from Whimsy Stamps. I stamped the movie spectacles and tickets from the Movie Time Meadow set on one of the tickets and also the Film strip stencil to add some interest to the ticket, using Distress oxides Scattered straw and Lumberjack plaid.
  • For the main sentiment, I used the Marquee sign die from Simon Says Stamp which I die cut from white cardstock for the background, and from Yellow and Red cardstock for the frame. I stamped the sentiment from the Movie Time Meadow set and then aged the sign with Distress oxide Scattered straw.
  • Finally, to fill the gap below the main sentiment, I die cut a Film strip from grey cardstock, using an old die set from Avery Elle called Picture perfect.

To assemble the card, I used a mix of liquid adhesive and thin foam tap to give the card a little dimension.

#craftystampco
#cardmaking #handmadecards #diecutting

Comments