Sharing a Halloween card with these cute bats from @craftystampco. They are from two different sets filled with batsy goodness: Just batsy and Halloween just batsy. I also used glow in the dark foil in the back of the house for a little surprise effect. Swipe to see the house lit.
Products:
Just batsy and Halloween just batsy (Crafty Stamp Co)
Halloween house embossing folder and die (Simon says stamp)
Green green grass stencil (Clearly Besotted)
Hills and grass stencil (Newton's Nook)
Moon mask (Tim Holtz / Stampers Anonymous
Ranger Distress Oxides: Squeeze lemonade, Spiced marmalade, Ripe persimmon, Crackling campfire, Hickory smoke, Weathered wood and Black soot
I started the card with the background, blending Squeeze lemonade on the top left corner to create the moon. I used the Moon mask from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous to add the details on the moon and then the plain disc with temporary adhesive to mask the moon while I blended Distress oxides Spiced marmalade, Ripe persimmon and Crackling campfire top down. I then used a couple stencils for the grass and Distress oxide Black soot.
For the house, I used an embossing folder and coordinating die from Simon Says Stamp. I started by die cutting the house from white cardstock with the die and blended Distress oxide Hickory smoke over the die cut before running it through my die cutting machine with the embossing folder. I then dabbed Distress oxides Weathered wood and Black soot to create some contrast over the embossed parts. I taped a piece of Glow in the dark foil from Studiolight at the back of the house. To finish the house, I blended more Black soot over the house and through the windows for a less clean finish and then splattered Dylusions Black Shimmer paint all over the house for a spooky look.
Once dry, I adhered the house on the background with thin foam tape.
Next, I stamped the two bats on white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers, using E70 to E79 for the bats, E81 and E84 for the bones and skull and W00 to W5 for the tombstone. I fussy cut the bats and adhered them on the card with thick foam tape and liquid adhesive for areas in contact with the background and the house respectively.
#craftystampco
#cardmaking #handmadecards




Comments
Post a Comment